Water and Environmental Research Center
University of Alaska Fairbanks
(907) 474-2468 voice
(907) 474-7979 fax
Sections on this page:
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, Cold Region Hydrology, Postdoctoral Research Associate, April 1995 – March 1998
- Canadian Meteorological Service, Downsview, Ontario, Canada, Snow Hydrology and Climate, Post Doctoral Fellow, February 1992 – March 1995
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou, China, Hydrology, Ph.D., 1988
- Hohai University, Nanjing, China, Hydrometeorology, M.Sc., 1984
- Xinjiang University, Urumqi, China, Hydrology, B.Sc., 1981
- June 2006 – present, Associate Professor, Water and Environmental Research Center (WERC) and Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, UAF
- June 2005 – Research Professor, WERC, Inst. of Northern Engineering (INE), UAF.
- June 2002 – May 2005, Research Associate Professor, WERC, INE, UAF.
- July 1999 – May 2002, Research Assistant Professor, WERC, INE, UAF.
- April 1998 – June 1999, Research Scientist, Inst. for Global Change Research/Frontier Research System for Global Change, Tokyo, Japan.
- September 1989 – January 1992, Research Associate, Lanzhou Inst. of Glaciology and Geocryology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou, China.
- January 1989 – August 1989, Visiting Scientist, Centre for Remote Sensing and Environmental Optics, University of California, Santa Barbara.
Cold Region Hydro-climatology, Snow Hydrology, Climate and Climate Change, and Applications of Remote Sensing Data/Products in the high latitude regions.
- Yang, D., D. Kane, Z. Zhang, D. Legates and B. Goodison, 2005: Bias-corrections of long-term (1973-2004) daily precipitation data over the northern regions, Geophysical Research Letters 32, L19501, doi:10.1029/2005GL024057.
- Berezovskaya, S., D. Yang, and D. Kane, 2004: Compatibility analysis of precipitation and runoff trends over the large Siberian watersheds, Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 31, L21502, doi:10:1029/2004GL021277.
- Yang, D., B. Ye, A. Shiklomanov, 2004: Streamflow characteristics and changes over the Ob river watershed in Siberia. J. of Hydrometeorology 5(4), 69-84.
- Yang, D., B. Ye, and D. Kane, 2004: Streamflow changes over Siberian Yenisei river basin. J. of Hydrology, 296(1-4), 59-80.
- Kane, D., J. McNamara, D. Yang, P. Olsson, and R. Gieck, 2003: An Extreme Rainfall/Runoff Event in Arctic Alaska, J. of Hydrometeorology, 4(6), 1220–1228.
- Sugiura, K., D. Yang, and T. Ohata, 2003: Systematic error aspects of gauge-measured solid precipitation in the Arctic, Barrow, Alaska, Geophysical Research Letters, 3(4), 1192, doi: 10.1029/2002GL015547.
- Yang, D., D. Robinson, Y. Zhao, T. Estilow, and B. Ye, 2003: Streamflow response to seasonal snowcover extent changes in large Siberian watersheds. J. of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 108(D18), 4578, doi: 10.1029/2002JD003149.
- Yang, D., B.E. Goodison, J.R. Metcalfe, P.Y.T. Louie, E. Elomaa, C.L. Hanson, V.S. Golubev, Th. Gunther, J. Fullwood, R. Johnson, J. Milkovic, M. Lapin, 2001: Compatibility evaluation of national precipitation gauge measurements. J. of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 106(D2), 1481-1492.
- Yang, D., D.L. Kane, L.D. Hinzman, B.E. Goodison, J.R. Metcalfe, P.Y.T. Louie, G.H. Leavesley, D.G. Emerson, C.L. Hanson, 2000: An evaluation of the Wyoming gauge system for snowfall measurement. Water Resources Research, 2665-2678.
- Yang, D, 1999: An improved precipitation climatology for the Arctic Ocean. Geophysical Research Letters, Vol.26, No.11, 1625-1628.
- Member, Science Team of the NASA Cold Land Process Pathfinder Mission (2004-2005)
- Member, Northern Research Basin (NRB) Committee on Prediction in Undergauged Basins (PUB) (2004-present)
- Development of bias-corrected precipitation dataset and climatology for the Arctic
- Investigation of hydrologic response of large arctic rivers to climate change and variation
- Synthesis of water balance data from northern experimental watersheds
- Application of remote sensing snowcover data and products for Arctic hydrology research