Announcing an opportunity for any student who is associated with a WERC- related research project to submit articles detailing current research and receive $50 as compensation.
- Articles should be at least 1000 words in length and be submitted as a word document. Authors should be prepared to provide requested revisions.
- At least two images must accompany the article that would give the general public a clear idea of the research. Images should be in jpeg format and be at least 1000 pixels wide. We may crop and resize these images for display.
- Each image should be sent as a separate JPEG image file.
- Each image should be captioned. The caption should give information as to the date, location, subject matter, and names of people pictured.
- Each image should have a credit attribution, if the author is not the photographer.
- Authors should take the picture themselves, or have written permission to use the photo. Please include a completed model release for any people included in the images. Model release forms are available at the UAF Marketing site: http://www.uaf.edu/marketing/photo/model_release_single.pdf.
- Authors may submit graphs of results, if appropriate. Graph and data should be prepared as if being presented to a science journal. Include your graph, data, and field labels in a separate spreadsheet file.
- Articles should be written so that they are not "timed" to any particular date. That is, do not refer to upcoming events in relative terms. For instance, do not write: "My research team will continue to collect data from the ponds next winter", rather you should write, "My research team will collect the second half of the data sometime in January 2011."
- Send article, photos and any graphs you have to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment will be through the INE Business office and will be cleared once the article has been approved.
- The author needs to have received the approval of their advisor for the article before submission.
- Articles will be published and archived at the WERC website, http://ine.uaf.edu/werc.