Announcement and Call for Participants
The International Symposium of Climatic Effects on Pavement and Geotechnical Infrastructure (ISCEPGI) will be held on August 4-7, 2013, at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. The symposium aims to provide a showcase of recent developments and advances and offer an international forum to discuss Climatic Effects on Pavement and Geotchnical Infrastructure.
More information about this symposium can be found on the ISCEPGI homepage
The ISCEPGI is sponsored by:
- ASCE Construction Institute
- TRB AFP50 – Seasonal Climatic Effects on Transportation Infrastructure Committee
The ISCEPGI is organized by:
- Alaska University Transportation Center
- International Association of Chinese Infrastructure Professionals
- Tongji University
- Harbin Institute of Technology
- Chang’An University
We look forward to meeting you!
ISCEPGI Organizing Committee
- April 26, 2013: Deadline for abstracts and full papers submission
- May 31, 2013: Completion of paper review and back to authors for revision
- June 14, 2013: Receipt of revised papers for review
- July 5, 2013: Notification of paper acceptance
- August 31, 2013: Receipt of camera-ready papers
- August 4-7, 2013: Symposium date
- August 8, 2013: Post-symposium field trip (Beaver Slope)
Suggested Symposium Technical Topics
- Effects of climatic factors — expansive soils, freeze and thaw, wet and dry cycles, temperature , rainfall, flood, etc., on
- Engineering behavior of transportation materials
- Properties of frozen and unfrozen materials
- Soil-pavement or structure interaction
- Pavement performance
- Scouring and erosion
- Modeling of climatic effects
- Mitigation techniques
- Innovative/non-destructive testing and evaluation
- Case histories of seasonal events (especially preservation, maintenance, and operations)
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts/Papers
- The official language of this symposium is English.
- A one-page (A4 size) abstract is required for presentation only.
- A full-length paper is required for presentation and publication.
- All submissions should include the title of the presentation or paper, author’s name and affiliation, and contact information.
- The ASCE geotechnical special publication format will be followed. Please find the GSP author’s guide and example paper on the ASCE website.
Please submit abstracts/papers to Mr. Anthony Mullin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 26, 2013.
The final decision regarding acceptance and the form of presentation will be made by the Technical Committee. Papers will be selected using a rigorous peer review system. Accepted papers will be published in one ASCE Special Publication.
A kind note – papers won’t be included in the final publication without authors’ full registrations.
Letter of Invitation
- To request a Letter of Invitation to attend the symposium, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Please be ready to provide your complete official name, physical address, and e-mail address.
- The Letter of Invitation will only be sent via e-mail to the e-mail address that you provide. The Letter of Invitation cannot be e-mailed or sent to the Embassy or U.S. Consulate.